- Aquafaba (1 can of chickpeas should have around 160ml)
- 2 drops Vanilla essence
- 120g of caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 100°C
- Add the aquafaba to a very clean bowl free of grease, It is best to use a glass bowl as it is non-porous
- Mix with an electric beater until the aquafaba has formed a foam which does not move when the bowl is inverted.
- Only when it has reached this stage is it safe to add the caster sugar and the vanilla essence
- Add the vanilla essence and add the sugar 1 tbsp. at a time all the while mixing with the electric mixer on the low setting.
- Using a spoon transfer to a baking tray.
- The length of time that the meringue needs to cook is dependent on the size of the meringues, you can check if they are done by trying to remove them from the foil/Baking paper.
- When the meringues are done it is best to leave them in the switched off open oven for up to an hour to dry out properly