- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 60g sweetcorn
- 7/8 button mushrooms
- 3 scallions (spring onions) diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small potato, grated
- 30g cup silken (soft) tofu
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 60g breadcrumbs
- Blend the silken tofu until it is creamy and leave aside
- Sauté the mushrooms, corn, bell peppers and scallions in a tablespoon of olive oil for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and the cumin and cook for another minute
- Place the mix in a bowl and add the carrot, potato, tofu and salt and pepper.
- Add breadcrumbs until the mix holds it may take more or less than 60g
- Shape them into burgers and place in the fridge to set for an hour.
- Cook in two tablespoons of olive oil, these should take 3 -5 minutes on each side.
Serve with garlic Italian seasoned potatoes or place on a burger bun with salad and vegan mayonnaise.
Garlic Italian Potatoes: https://pie-or-2.org/2017/11/27/meat-free-monday-roasted-garlic-italian-potatoes/
Vegan Mayonnaise: https://pie-or-2.org/2017/11/10/vegan-mayonaise/