- 1 large head cauliflower, separated into 1-inch florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ courgette finely diced
- 100g cherry tomatoes.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- For this recipe, it is best to have the chopped vegetables as small as possible so I use the blender to chop them up.
- Trim the cauliflower florets and cut away as much of the stem as you can place these into the blender in batches until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Test the oil by placing in a small section of the diced onion you can place in the diced – courgettes, garlic, tomatoes, and bell peppers when the pan sizzles in reaction to the onion piece.
- Cook the vegetables for around 6 minutes until the onions begin to brown.
- At this point add in all the herbs and spices and salt and cook for a further 3 minutes stirring well so all the vegetables are coated with the spice mix.
- Add the cauliflower and still to combine well. Cook for around 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked to your likening.
This is delicious when served with root vegetables such as parsnips or carrots. As you can see in the image I serve with Brussels sprouts for an excellent helping of vitamin C