- 40g maple syrup
- 65g cup cacao powder
- 45g brown rice flour
- The cream from one can of full-fat coconut milk chilled. (Place in the fridge the night before preparing you can dispose of or use the liquid portion elsewhere)
- 2 tbsps powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 120°C.
- Combine all the cookie ingredients and form a dough.
- Form as many balls as you like you can have 8 large cookies or 16 smaller ones. (Hint I always go for 8 because I’m less likely to have to share) flatten these to around ½ inch thick.
- Line a tray ( or 2 if you’re feeling generous) with parchment and place
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes
- Leave to cool while you create your filling. You will notice the cookies are quite spongy when they come out but they will crisp as they cool.
- Place the coconut milk cream in a large bowl, add the powdered sugar and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Optional but reccomended – (Have a sneaky lick of the whisk when no one is looking)
- Spoon onto your cookie and enjoy!