- 450 g grape tomatoes, halved
- 283 g whole wheat
- Olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 8 large cloves garlic, minced/grated (
- Pinch each sea salt and black pepper
- 30g unbleached all-purpose flour (or another thickener of choice)
- 600 ml unsweetened plain Almond Breeze or vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 200°C and toss tomatoes in a bit of olive oil and sea salt. Place cut side up on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil and the garlic and shallot. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper and stir frequently, cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and whisk. Slowly whisk in the almond milk a little at a time. Add another pinch of salt and black pepper, bring to a simmer and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes as it thickens.
- Transfer sauce to a blender (or use an immersion blender) to blend the sauce until creamy and smooth. Place back in pan and reduce heat to a low simmer until it thickens
- Add pasta and roasted tomatoes to the thickened sauce and stir.